ANNOUNCING THE TIMES AT THE ACE HOTEL – ROTATING DJs EACH FRIDAY including GASLAMP KILLER, NICK WATERHOUSE, FROSTY (DUBLAB), CLIFTON AKA SOFT TOUCH (FUNKY SOLE), NEIL (ORIGAMI VINYL) AND MORE!
flyer by national forest
L.A. RECORD is excited to be a part of this new weekly DJ night at the downtown Ace Hotel, featuring tons of the heavy friends we’ve been lucky enough to put in our issues over the years—and a few new friends we’re happy to meet! Starting May 2nd, every Friday at the upstairs bar at the Ace will pair two of the following eight residents for an unpredictable journey into music from all genres and generations … and it’s free! Here’s the line-up:
– Neil Schield, owner and founder of the Origami Vinyl record shop in Echo Park
– The Gaslamp Killer, Brainfeeder artist and Low End Theory co-founder
– Chris Ziegler, co-founder and editor/publisher of independent music magazine L.A. RECORD
– Steve Harrington, psychedelic artist and co-founder of design firm National Forest
– Brian Shimkovitz, curator of the Awesome Tapes From Africa blog and record label
– Mark ‘Frosty’ McNeill, co-founder and creative director of online radio station dublab
– Nick Waterhouse, musician, producer and Pres/Innovative Leisure recording artist
– Clifton Weaver a.k.a. Soft Touch, Funky Sole and Club Rubbish resident
The May 2nd opening will feature sets by all eight residents and a limited edition artist screen print by Harrington’s National Forest for The Times. Future events each Friday will pair residents with each other for always-unpredictable sets. All The Times nights will be free and open to anyone 21 and over.
The Times Opening Event: Friday, May 2nd – 9pm ’til 2am
Upstairs at Ace Hotel Downtown LA
921 S Broadway, Los Angeles 90015
@thetimesofla #thetimesofla @acehotel #acehotel